Greetings from Digifocal IT Solutions!!!
We are hiring for a Business Analyst for one of our reputed clients in Bangalore.
Experience: 4-6 Years
The Problem and Major Incident Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day execution of Global IT Problem and Major Incident Management. This includes 1) leading Major Incident calls to ensure that service is restored in a timely manner and 2) coordinating efforts to identify the root cause and preventative measures for Major Incidents. This requires tight integration with Service Desk, functional resolver groups, IT executives and ITIL process. Critical to this role is understanding user impact in a complex environment and the ability to quickly assess what IT functions may be needed for the timely resolution of any major incident.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Leads Major Incident bridge calls for issues that have a significant business impact
• Engages the technical teams required to investigate and resolve the issue
• Facilities and drives the bridge call to ensure that progress is being made towards restoring service
• Escalates to technical team leadership as appropriate
• Develops and distributes regular status updates to key IT and business stakeholders
• Maintains a detailed log and timeline of all activities (issue start time, technical team engagement, restoration, etc.)
• After service has been restored, works with technical teams to perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and identify and document preventative measures and follow-up actions
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of Knowledge Articles (i.e., Known Errors, Workarounds, etc.)
• Performs governance activities for the Major Incident, Problem and Knowledge Management processes (process adherence, issue resolution, etc.)
• Develops and delivers management reports covering outage details, root cause, trending, etc.
• Acts as subject matter expert in all topics related to the Major Incident and Problem Management processes
• Supports Problem and Major Incident process improvement initiatives
- At least 2+ years in a similar role as a Major Incident and/or Problem Management Analyst
• 4+ Years of prior experience in IT Support environment
• Experience leading restoration efforts for critical infrastructure and/or application issues
• Experience with Problem Management techniques such as 5 Whys
• Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) toolsets such as ServiceNow
• Knowledge of other ITSM process areas, including Service Desk, Knowledge Management and IT Change Management
• Experience working in a global setting is a big plus
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and resolving conflicts when they arise
• This person will have to work in rotational shift including night shifts
- Bachelors degree required
• ITIL Foundation certification is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behaviour Required:
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills at all levels in the organization (from individual contributor to executive level)
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Broad technical knowledge across IT, including data centre, networking, and applications
• Structured, innovative, take-charge individual that is a self-starter requiring little supervision
• Effective in high stress situations
• Excellent decision-making and conflict resolution skills
• Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and be available for on-call support on roster during the weekends as needed
Role:Software Development - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT Services & Consulting
Functional Area:Engineering - Software & QA
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
DIGIFOCAL IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
DigiFocal is a one stop shop for all your HR needs. We are an upcoming staffing and recruitment firm who can build your company with the right talent. We specialise in the verticals of Manufacturing, FMCG, Automobile, Pharma and Information Technology.
We are equipped with experienced personnel from the industry, who apply their expansive knowledge to help you build your organisation. They understand the nuances of company culture and the need to accordingly find the right match. Experience, along with optimum use of technology and the best practices of the industry ensures that our solutions are beyond compare.
Contact Company:DIGIFOCAL IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED